North Korea has said it is ready to sink a US aircraft carrier to demonstrate its military might, as two Japanese navy ships joined a US carrier group for exercises in the western Pacific.
- US hasn’t specified where carrier strike group is
- Pyongyang says it would sink aircraft carrier with “single strike”
- North Korea detains third US citizen
US President Donald Trump ordered the USS Carl Vinson carrier strike group to sail to waters off the Korean peninsula in response to rising tension over the North’s nuclear and missile tests, and its threats to attack the United States and its Asian allies. The United States has not specified where the carrier strike group is as it approaches the area. US Vice-President Mike Pence said on Saturday it would arrive “within days” but gave no other details. North Korea remained defiant…….Read More
North Korea has issued statement threatening ‘nuclear war’ against the United States if it is attacked. ‘The DPRK will react to a total war with an all-out war, a nuclear war with nuclear strikes of its own and surely win a victory in the death-defying struggle against the US imperialists,’ a Foreign Ministry spokesman wrote Saturday. This message, which was one of three delivered Saturday, echoed the message delivered by a top official at the massive ‘Day of the Sun’ military parade in Pyongyang earlier this month. A Foreign Ministry spokesman accused mounting tensions in the region on the Trump administration and said that they would start nuclear war if they are attacked. Pictured is a submarine-launched ballistic missile displayed during a ‘Day of the Sun’ military parade…….Read More
North Korea has threatened to launch weekly missile tests after US Vice President Mike Pence warned that the ‘era of patience’ with Kim Jong-un is over. Vice Foreign Minister Han Song-Ryol has ramped up the tension between the two nations by saying: ‘We’ll be conducting more missile tests on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.’ He also said that an ‘all out war’ was a possibility if the US responded by taking military action against Pyongyang. The secretive state’s deputy U.N. ambassador has also accused Washington of turning the Korean peninsula into ‘the world’s biggest hotspot’ and creating ‘a dangerous situation in which a thermonuclear war may break out at any moment.’….Read More
‘The missile blew up almost immediately. The type of missile is still being assessed. ‘U.S. Pacific Command is fully committed to working closely with our allies in the Republic of Korea and in Japan to maintain security.
EDITOR’S NOTE: North Korea made good on their threat to launch a “game changer” missile this weekend, but a funny thing happened on the way to the launch. Seconds after the missile was fired, it blew up. Was that because the United States sabotaged the launch, or because of failure on the part of the North Korean military? We may never know, but either way Kim Jong-Un has egg foo young all over his face. It is thought to be one of the country’s new ‘game-changer’ intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) which was revealed to the world in a display of military might yesterday. The South Korean defence ministry said it had detected a failed launch from Sinpo – where North Korea’s biggest submarine base is located……Read/Video More
Missile? What missile? Daily life in North Korea continues While the world reels from North Korea’s latest show of nuclear strength, it appears the country’s troops have more pressing matters to attend to such as eating ice cream and attending flower exhibitions
In the lead-up to North Korea’s latest missile test, Donald Trump had battled to convince Kim Jong-un he was picking a fight with the wrong guy. The US president pounded Syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles and then ordered a naval “armada” into the waters around the Korean peninsula. He dropped the “mother of all bombs” on eastern Afghanistan and used Twitter to hammer home his message. “North Korea is looking for trouble,” the US president tweeted last week as Kim’s technicians made the final preparations for Sunday’s botched but nevertheless defiant test. But experts say Pyongyang’s latest act has underlined the futility of the billionaire’s efforts to bully Kim Jong-un into abandoning his nuclear ambitions….Read More
North Korea unveiled ‘game-changer’ ballistic missiles during a display of the country’s military might as Kim Jong-Un warned of an ‘annihilating strike’ if the US attacks. The intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM), which Pyongyang claim could travel thousands of miles, increased concerns that the secretive state is preparing for a possible attack on Washington after they were paraded during the country’s Day of the Sun celebrations. A gleeful Kim, wearing a Western-style suit at Kim Il-sung Square, saluted formations of soldiers who yelled out ‘long live’ to celebrate the 105th anniversary of his grandfather’s birth. The two new kinds of ICBM were enclosed in canister launchers mounted on the back of transporter erector launcher trucks as they were paraded in front of crowds during today’s festivities. Pyongyang has yet to formally announce it has an operational ICBM but experts believe they the new rockets could be liquid-fuelled intercontinental ballistic missiles, or an early prototype….Read More
Could this ballistic missile one day nuke the west coast of America? Kim Jong-un unveils huge new weapon at ‘Day of the Sun’ parade
NORTH Korea will conduct another nuclear test “whenever the supreme headquarters sees fit”, according Pyongyang’s vice foreign minister. North Korea appears to be ignoring warnings from the international community over nuclear weapons.Han Song Ryol said the situation on the Korean peninsula is now in a “vicious cycle” and also accused President Trump of “making trouble” with “aggressive” tweets. Earlier this week, the US leader tweeted that North Korea was “looking for trouble”, and vowed to take on the hermit state alone if necessary as tensions near breaking point.
‘SHOW NO MERCY’ South Korean Marine chief rallies troops as Kim Jong-un threat looms
SOUTH Korea’s newly appointed Marine Corps commander has called on his 30,000 troops to defend the country “at all costs” as North Korea’s aggression intensifies. Lt. Gen. Jun Jin-goo called on his unit to be ready at all times for an offensive from Kim Jong-un’s forces – and to be prepared to lay down their lives securing the border. He said: “The Marine Corps has protected places most difficult to defend, but this should be done at all costs.” But the incoming military chief has raised concerns over access to key equipment – including the force’s limited number of amphibious landing vehicles……Read More/Video