Fears rise of U.S. strike on North Korea

IMG_0142.JPGThe US refused to rule out a pre-emptive strike on North Korea last night as Donald Trump’s national security adviser warned the situation was ‘coming to a head’. After the rogue state ran a missile test that failed, Lieutenant General HR McMaster said ‘all our options are on the table’ to try to ‘avoid the worst’. Frantic talks were taking place with allies including China to ‘develop a range of options’ in an attempt to quell tensions and calm fears of thermo-nuclear war. But, with a strike group of US forces already posted to the Korean Peninsula, the US President added further fuel to the fire, saying he had been forced to beef up his military. On Twitter, Mr Trump wrote: ‘Our military is building and is rapidly becoming stronger than ever before. Frankly, we have no choice.’ Mr Trump and General McMaster said they hoped China would convince its neighbour, which depends on Beijing to prop up its trades and finances, to stop the crisis escalating. On Saturday dictator Kim Jong-un’s regime displayed its military muscle in a huge parade, before yesterday’s missile test which exploded within seconds…..Read More